Last updated November 27, 2023
Anti-Money Laundering (‘AML’)/Know Your Customer (‘KYC’)
Kairon Labs BV (hereafter referred to as “Kairon Labs”, “we”, and “us”) recognizes that financial crime has an adverse effect on the integrity of the crypto services marketplace.
To detect and prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, Kairon Labs has implemented an “AML risk-based Framework” that defines the rules and principles to be respected in order to comply with applicable AML/KYC laws and regulations. The Framework includes but is not limited to:
- roles and responsibilities;
- the appointment of a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (‘MLRO’);
- the provision of appropriate management information and reporting to senior management;
- enterprise and customer risk assessments;
- the requirements for the different phases of the AML/KYC process, including the obligation to identify and verify new clients, the screening against sanctions lists, the constant vigilance of existing clients, the obligation to report suspicious activity, and if necessary, the termination of the contractual relationship. We use the https://kyc-chain.com platform for these checks;
- the rules for conducting enhanced due diligence (“EDD”) on customers assessed as higher risk, such as Politically Exposed Persons (“PEPs”) in senior positions, their relatives and close associates;
- the mandate for training and awareness.
The Framework is regularly refined and strengthened to address evolving risks and threats. Kairon Labs will actively prevent and take measures to guard against being used to facilitate financial crime.
We value our reputation as a trustworthy crypto market-making partner, and therefore do not enter into relationships with organizations engaged in, or suspected of, illegal or unethical activities.